Feb. 8, 2014
- After two games away, the #8/8 Lady Vols (19-4/8-2 SEC) are back home for an ESPN Big Monday showdown with in-state rival #18/19 Vanderbilt (17-5, 6-3 SEC) on Feb. 10.
- The Lady Vols and Commodores are set to tangle at 9:05 p.m. ET at Thompson-Boling Arena in the second game of a nationally-televised doubleheader.
- The game will be carried live on ESPN2, with Pam Ward and Carolyn Peck calling the action, and it will be streamed live via WatchESPN (game blacked out in some areas).
- After playing on the road the last two games and in six of its past 10 contests, Tennessee begins a three-game home stand that includes #18/19 Vanderbilt, #15/13 Kentucky and Auburn.
- Starting out league play with a 2-2 record following the 74-63, Jan. 12 loss at Vanderbilt, Tennessee has ascended to second place in the SEC standings after winning its last five games and taking six in a row against conference foes. Vandy is in sixth place.
- Vanderbilt comes to Knoxville with eight days having passed since its last game, a 71-69 win over Texas A&M in Nashville.
- The Commodores, however, have lost two of their last three, including a 61-57 home setback to SEC leader South Carolina and a 59-54 road loss at Missouri.
- UT is 10-2 at home this season, while Vandy is 5-3 away from Memorial Coliseum.