Feb. 18, 2014
- The #10/10 Lady Vols (20-5/9-3 SEC) wrap up a three-game home stand on Thursday night, as they play host to Auburn (14-11/5-7 SEC) at Thompson-Boling Arena.
- The Lady Vols and Tigers are slated to tip off at 7:05 p.m., and the game will be carried live on CSS.
- Matt Stewart and Steffi Sorensen will call the action, and the game also will be streamed live via ESPN3 (the game may be blacked out in some areas).
- Both teams are coming off home losses on Sunday, with Tennessee dropping a 75-71 decision to #18/18 Kentucky and Auburn falling, 68-58, to Missouri.
- Those losses dropped UT to third in the SEC standings, two games back of South Carolina (11-1) and one behind Texas A&M (10-2), while Auburn is tied for eighth place.
- Both teams had winning streaks snapped on Sunday, as UT saw its all-games streak end at six and its SEC spree stop at seven.
- Tennessee is averaging 76.2 points per game against SEC foes this season to rank No. 1 in the league, while Auburn has the No. 4 scoring defense in the league at 65.2 and is No. 1 in steals (11.2 spg.).
- By some strange coincidence in SEC scheduling, Tennessee will face three Tigers teams in a row, including Auburn on Thursday, Missouri on Sunday and LSU next Thursday.