March 1, 2014
- The #10/9 Lady Vols (23-5/12-3 SEC) play their regular-season finale at home on Sunday, as #4/5 South Carolina (26-2/14-1 SEC), the 2014 SEC regular-season champ, comes to town.
- Sunday is Senior Day, and Tennessee will pay tribute to its lone senior, Meighan Simmons, in pregame festivities beginning at 2:15 p.m. ET or at approximately 13:00 on the pregame countdown clock.
- The Lady Vols and Gamecocks are slated to tip off at 2:35 p.m. ET, and the game will be carried live on ESPNU.
- UT comes into Sunday's game having won three in a row and nine of its last 10 games after building a 21-point lead at the half and holding off a ferocious second-half comeback by LSU on Thursday night, 72-67, in Baton Rouge.
- South Carolina has not lost since Jan. 16, when it dropped a 67-65 decision in overtime at Texas A&M and enters on a 10-game winning streak.
- The Gamecocks' only other loss came to North Carolina at home on Dec. 18, 74-66, meaning USC's only setbacks came at the hands of teams Tennessee has defeated this season.
- South Carolina has the No. 1 seed for the SEC Tournament sewn up, but Tennessee is vying for the No. 2 seed with Texas A&M.
- Both UT and A&M enter Sunday's game with 12-3 league records. If A&M and UT win on Sunday, Tennessee would get the nod by virtue of beating the Aggies in the regular season. If UT loses and A&M wins, the Aggies would get the No. 2 nod because of a better league record.