- No. #6/6 Tennessee (24-5/13-3 SEC), seeded second, opens play in the 2014 SEC Women's Basketball Tournament on Friday at 6 p.m. ET at The Arena at Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Ga.
- In the quarterfinal round on Friday, the Lady Vols will face No. 10 seed LSU (19-11), a 78-65 winner over No. 7 seed Alabama on Thursday night.
- The game will be televised on SportSouth, with Dave Baker and Nell Fortner calling the action, and the game will be streamed on ESPN3.
- Tennessee enters the SEC Tournament playing its best basketball of the season, having won four straight and 10 of its last 11.
- The Lady Vols ascended from #10/9 to #6/6 in the rankings this week after closing out the regular season at home with a 73-61 victory over SEC champion and (then) #4/4 South Carolina.
- UT split the season series with LSU, dropping its SEC opener to the Lady Tigers in Knoxville, 80-77, on Jan. 2 and holding off the Lady Tigers, 72-67, in Baton Rouge on Feb. 27.
- LSU had entered the SEC Tournament on a six-game losing streak and had dropped seven of its last eight before defeating Alabama.
- Tennessee enters the 2014 tournament with a 70-18 (.795) all-time record and 16 titles in the previous 34 years of the event.