March 6, 2013
- #9/9 Tennessee (23-6/14-2 SEC) enters the 2013 SEC Tournament as the top seed by virtue of winning the regular season championship for the 17th time in school history.
- The Lady Volunteers will open tourney play at noon on Friday, as they face the winner of Thursday's noon contest between eighth-seeded Arkansas (18-11/6-10 SEC) and No. 9-seed Florida (17-13/6-10 SEC) at The Arena at Gwinnett Center (10,309) in Duluth, Ga.
- SportSouth will televise the contest, with Dave Neal and Nell Fortner calling the action. ESPN3 will stream live, with access restricted within the SEC footprint. Satellite radio is available on Sirius 126, XM 199
- Tennessee played Arkansas and Florida on the road this season, defeating the Razorbacks, 60-54, on Feb. 24 and overcoming Florida in overtime, 78-75, on Jan. 13.
- The winner of Friday's game will advance to a 4 p.m. semifinal match-up on Saturday, with ESPNU televising the action. The opponent would be #4 Texas A&M, #5 South Carolina or #13 Alabama.
- Tennessee begins the 2013 tournament with a 69-17 (.802) all-time record and 16 championships in the previous 33 years of the event.