March 8, 2014
- No. #6/6 Tennessee (25-5), seeded second, will meet the No. 3 seed, #15/14 Texas A&M (24-7), at 2:30 p.m. ET (ESPNU) on Saturday in the second semifinal game at the 2014 SEC Women's Basketball Tournament at The Arena at Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Ga.
- This year's other semifinal game will feature No. 1 seed South Carolina (27-3) facing off against No. 4 seed Kentucky (23-7) at noon.
- The winners of Saturday's semifinal contests advance to the SEC championship game on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET on ESPN.
- The Lady Vols advanced to the SEC semifinal round by coming from 15 down to defeat No. 10 seed LSU, 77-65.
- That victory gave the Lady Vols their fifth straight and 34th overall 25-win season.
- Tennessee is playing its best basketball of the season, having won five straight and 11 of its last 12.
- Texas A&M moved out of the quarterfinal round by taking care of No. 6 seed Auburn, 70-54.
- Tennessee defeated Texas A&M earlier this season in College Station, departing with a 76-55 decision at Reed Arena on Jan. 26.
- The Aggies come into Saturday's contest on a three-game winning streak and have been victorious in seven of their last eight games.