March 9, 2014
- No. #6/6 Tennessee (26-5), seeded second, will meet the No. 4 seed, #12/13 Kentucky (24-7), at 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday in the championship game of the 2014 SEC Women's Basketball Tournament at The Arena at Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Ga.
- The game will be televised on ESPN, with Cara Capuano and Carolyn Peck calling the action, and it also will be available via WatchESPN.
- The Lady Vols advanced to the SEC championship game by defeating #15/14 Texas A&M, 86-77, in the semifinal round on Saturday afternoon.
- Kentucky, meanwhile, moved out of the semifinal round by taking care of No. 1 seed and regular season champ #5/7 South Carolina, 68-58, earlier on Saturday.
- Tennessee and Kentucky previously played on Feb. 16, with the Wildcats taking a 75-71 victory in Knoxville in the "Live Pink, Bleed Orange" game that brings awareness to the Play 4Kay initiative and the fight against Breast Cancer.
- Tennessee enters Sunday's contest, having won six straight since that loss to UK, and has been victorious in 12 of its last 13.
- Kentucky comes into Sunday's title match-up with a five-game winning streak, not losing since falling to South Carolina, 81-58, on Feb. 20 in the game after the Wildcats beat the Lady Vols.
- 1 seed UT won the SEC Tournament at The Arena at Gwinnett Center in 2010, defeating No. 2 Kentucky in the title game, 70-62.