March 20, 2014
- No. #3/3 Tennessee (27-5), the No. 1 seed in the Louisville Regional, opens play in the 2014 NCAA Women's Basketball Championship with a First Round contest vs. No. 16 seed Northwestern State on Saturday, March 22.
- UT and NSU will meet at 4:05 p.m. ET in Thompson-Boling Arena in a game televised by ESPN2 and live streamed via ESPN3.
- No. 8 seed St. John's (22-10) and No. 9 seed Southern California (22-12) will meet in the other Knoxville First Round game at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday.
- The two winning teams advance to the Second Round on Monday at 9 p.m. in a game televised by ESPN2 and live streamed via ESPN3.
- Tennessee enters Saturday's contest having won seven straight and has been victorious in 13 of its last 14.
- Northwestern State comes to Knoxville with a seven-game winning streak in tow.
- Tennessee is making its 33rd appearance in the NCAA First/Second Rounds, and it owns a 50-1 record during those games.
- The Lady Vols are 115-24 all-time in NCAA tournament play, and they rank first in games played and victories in NCAA tourney history.
- UT is 52-0 all-time in home NCAA games, including 20-0 in the First Round, 20-0 in the Second Round, 6-0 in the Sweet 16 and 6-0 in the Elite 8.