March 21, 2013
- #10/9 Tennessee (24-7), which earned the No. 2 seed in the Oklahoma City Region, will meet No. 15 seed Oral Roberts (18-12) on Saturday at approximately 1:30 p.m. Eastern time in an NCAA First Round game at Thompson-Boling Arena.
- The winner of that contest will meet the victor of the other Knoxville First Round matchup, an 11:20 a.m. tilt on Saturday between No. 7 Syracuse (24-7) and No. 10 Creighton (24-7).
- The NCAA Second Round game is slated for 7 p.m. on Monday, with the winner advancing to the Sweet 16 at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City on March 31 and April 2.
- ESPN2 will televise the NCAA First/Second Round games in Knoxville in high definition, with Bob Wischusen and Nell Fortner calling the action.
- Tennessee won the SEC regular season crown but earned an at-large bid to the tournament, while ORU claimed an automatic berth by virtue of winning the Southland Conference Tournament.
- Tennessee is making its 32nd appearance in the NCAA First/Second Rounds, and it owns a 48-1 record during those games, including 38-0 at home.