March 22, 2014
- No. #3/3 Tennessee (28-5), the No. 1 seed in the Louisville Regional, continues play in the 2014 NCAA Women's Basketball Championship with a Second Round contest vs. No. 8 seed St. John's (23-10) on Monday, March 24.
- UT and SJU will meet at 9 p.m. ET in Thompson-Boling Arena in a game televised by ESPN2 and live streamed via ESPN3.
- The winner of Monday's contest will advance to the Sweet 16 in the Louisville Regional and play at the KFC Yum! Center on March 30.
- The Lady Vols enter Monday's tilt vs. the Red Storm on an eight-game winning streak and are victors in 14 of their past 15 games.
- The most recent triumph in that spree came Saturday evening in an NCAA First Round contest vs. No. 16 seed Northwestern State, when the Lady Vols beat the Lady Demons, 70-46.
- St. John's has won four of its last five contests heading into the Second Round matchup.
- St. John's, in its fifth-straight NCAA tourney, got a last-second three-pointer from Briana Brown with 0.4 on the clock to sink USC and send the Red Storm on to the second round with a 71-68 victory on Saturday night.
- After losing four in a row from Feb. 18 to March 1, SJU now has won four of its last five games.