March 24, 2013
- #10/9 Tennessee (25-7), the No. 2 seed in the Oklahoma City Region, will meet No. 10 seed Creighton (25-7) on Monday at 7:10 p.m. Eastern time in an NCAA Second Round game at Thompson-Boling Arena.
- The winner of that contest will advance to the Sweet 16 at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City on March 31 and April 2.
- The Lady Vols moved on to the NCAA Second Round with an 83-62 victory over No. 15 seed Oral Roberts on Saturday, while Creighton sent No. 7 seed Syracuse home, 61-56.
- This will mark the first meeting in women's basketball between these schools, but UT is 6-0 vs. schools from the Missouri Valley Conference.
- The Big Orange last met an MVC squad in the 2007 NCAA First Round in Pittsburgh, as No. 3/4 UT defeated Drake, 76-37.
- UT is 51-0 all-time in home NCAA home games, including 20-0 in the First Round, 19-0 in the Second Round, 6-0 in the Sweet 16 and 6-0 in the Elite 8.