March 29, 2013
- #10/9 Tennessee (26-7), the No. 6 seed in the Oklahoma City Region, will meet No. 6 seed Oklahoma (24-10) on Sunday at 4:35 p.m. Eastern time (3:35 p.m. Central) in an NCAA Sweet 16 game at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
- The Lady Vols will face the Sooners at the home of the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder in a venue that is only about a 30-minute drive from OU's Lloyd Noble Center in Norman.
- The winner of that contest will meet the victor of the other Oklahoma City Regional semifinal, an approximately 6 p.m. CT (7 p.m. ET) matchup on Sunday between No. 1 Baylor (34-1) and No. 5 Louisville (26-8).
- Tennessee is making its 31st appearance in the NCAA Sweet 16, failing to make the regional round only once in the 32-year history of the women's tournament (2009).
- The Lady Vols have produced a 25-5 record all-time in their previous 30 trips to the regional semifinal round and are 114-23 all-time in 137 NCAA tournament contests.
- This marks the sixth meeting in a series that dates back to 2002, with Tennessee holding a 4-1 advantage, including 1-1 in the Sooner State.