April 1, 2013
- #10/9 Tennessee (27-7), the No. 2 seed in the Oklahoma City Region, will meet No. 5 seed Louisville (27-8) on Tuesday at 9 p.m. Eastern time (8 p.m. CT) in an NCAA Elite Eight game at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
- The winner of Tuesday's contest will advance to the NCAA Final Four, which will be held April 7 and 9 at the New Orleans Arena.
- ESPN2 will televise the NCAA Oklahoma City Regional Final in high definition, with Pam Ward and Rebecca Lobo calling the action and Maria Taylor reporting on the sidelines.
- The Lady Vols earned the opportunity to meet Louisville in the Elite Eight by defeating No. 6 seed Oklahoma (74-59) in the Sweet 16, No. 10 seed Creighton (68-52) in the Second Round and No. 15 seed Oral Roberts (83-62) in the First Round.
- The Cardinals, meanwhile, moved on to the Elite Eight when they knocked out No. 1 seed and defending NCAA champ Baylor (82-81) in the Sweet 16, No. 4 Purdue (76-63) in the Second Round and No. 12 Middle Tennessee (74-49) in the First Round.
- Tennessee is making its 26th appearance in the NCAA Elite Eight and owns an 18-7 all-time record in its previous 25 contests.
- The Lady Vols are making their third-consecutive appearance in the Elite Eight and are seeking their first trip to the Final Four since 2008 and 19th overall.
- Tennessee is 3-1 in NCAA Regional Finals vs. BIG EAST teams, defeating UConn (91-81) in 1997, Villanova (73-49) in 2003 and Rutgers (59-49) in 2005 and falling to Notre Dame (73-59) in 2011.