Nov. 10, 2012
- Tennessee wraps up a season-opening road trip in Atlanta on Sunday, facing off with Georgia Tech at 2 p.m.
- The Lady Vols and Yellow Jackets will play in the first women's game held at brand-new McCamish Pavilion and only the second contest played there, following Friday night's 79-61 Georgia Tech win over Tulane in a men's matchup.
- Sunday's contest will feature a pair of teams residing in the AP and USA Today/ESPN Preseason Top 25 Polls, with Tennessee standing at #20/16, and the Yellow Jackets checking in at #22/20.
- This marks the first meeting in the series when both teams are ranked.
- The Lady Vols enter with a 4-0 all-time record against the Ramblin' Wreck and are 84-19 vs. the Atlantic Coast Conference through the years.
- Both teams played in the 2012 NCAA Des Moines Regional, were assigned to the same hotel and saw their seasons come to an end at the hands of eventual national champion Baylor. Georgia Tech fell in the round of 16, while UT lost to BU in the Elite Eight.
Complete Game Notes