- After opening the season with a pair of road games, #4/3 Tennessee returns to the friendly confines of Thompson-Boling Arena for back-to-back home games.
- The Lady Vols host Chattanooga (1-0) on Thursday and Georgia Tech on Sunday. Both games start at 7 p.m.
- The contest vs. UTC won't be televised, but it will be streamed live on UTSports.com with audio courtesy of Mickey Dearstone, radio voice of the Lady Vols.
- The Lady Vols are coming off a big road win on Monday night in a nationally-televised game on ESPN2, as they knocked off No. 12/11 North Carolina in Chapel Hill, 81-65, to improve to 2-0 on the young season.
- Chattanooga, meanwhile, opened its second-straight season with a home triumph over an SEC foe, toppling Alabama, 82-70, on Nov. 8.
- The Lady Mocs are under the leadership of a new, but familiar, head coach. Jim Foster, who spent 11 years in the SEC with Vanderbilt (1991-2002) and spent the past 11 seasons at Ohio State (2002-13), is on the job at UTC.
- Thursday's matchup will feature the second in-state foe the Lady Vols have seen thus far, following a 67-57 season-opening road win over Middle Tennessee on Nov. 8.
- UTC put a damper on the 2012-13 season opener and the first game of the Holly Warlick era, upsetting the Big Orange women at McKenzie Arena in Chattanooga, 80-71, on Nov. 9, 2012.