Dec. 6, 2013
- After five days in the Bahamas, and a week to settle back into a routine and practice in Knoxville, the #3/3 Lady Vols (7-0) take on #RV/RV Texas (6-2) on Sunday at 1:05 p.m. Eastern time at Thompson-Boling Arena.
- Networks FOX Sports South and FOX Sports Tennessee will carry the game regionally, while MyVLT will televise the contest locally, with Bob Kesling (play by play) and Debbie Antonelli (color analyst) calling the action.
- The Lady Vols will attempt to open a season 8-0 for the first time since 2009-10 when they take on the Longhorns on Sunday in the 35th meeting between the schools.
- Tennessee is coming off winning the Lucaya Division championship at the Junkanoo Jam tournament in Freeport, Bahamas, defeating Virginia (76-67) and SMU (87-47) on Nov. 28 & 29, respectively.
- The Big Orange women enter with their highest combined ranking of the season, repeating as the No. 3 team in the AP Poll and rising from fourth to third this week in the USA TODAY Coaches Poll.
- Texas, which is receiving votes in both polls, enters Sunday's tilt on a three-game winning streak after rolling at home on Wednesday night vs. the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, 60-26.
- Like the Lady Vols, the Longhorns spent Thanksgiving in a warm climate, playing at the Paradise Jam in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Nov. 28-30, and winning two of three contests there.
- In one of those tourney triumphs, Texas upset (then) #12/11 Texas A&M, 69-58, on Nov. 29.