LADY VOL HOOPS CENTRAL: Troy
Dec. 12, 2013
#3/3 TENNESSEE VS. TROY
Dec. 14, 2013 | 2:04 p.m. ET
Thompson-Boling Arena | Knoxville, Tenn.
- With five practice days since its last game, #3/3 Tennessee (8-0) resumes its schedule with a Saturday afternoon matinee vs. Troy (4-4) at Thompson-Boling Arena.
- SportSouth will carry the game regionally and MyVLT will air it locally with tip-off slated for 2:04 p.m. Eastern time. Jenn Hildreth (play-by-play) and Debbie Antonelli (color analyst) will call the action.
- The Lady Vols are coming off a 75-61 home triumph over Texas on Dec. 8, keeping their record perfect this season and winning at home for the 11th-straight time.
- Troy, a member of the Sun Belt Conference, comes to Knoxville on the heels of a 94-86 home win over Evansville on Dec. 8, snapping a two-game losing streak.
- This will mark the Trojans' second contest of 2013-14 vs. an SEC school, as Florida rolled past TU, 104-74, at Troy on Dec. 4.
- Saturday's contest is the first of three games in eight days for Tennessee, as the Lady Vols play host to Tennessee State on Tuesday at 7 p.m. and travel to California to play #6/4 Stanford on Dec. 21 at 1:30 p.m. PT (4:30 p.m. ET).
- Lady Vol basketball equipment manager Annaya Moore, twin sister of sophomore center Nia Moore, signed to play hoops at Troy and spent the 2012-13 season with the Trojans. An injury ended her career, so she transfered to Tennessee for the 2013-14 school year and now works with the team.
- A win would enable the Lady Vols to win their 12th-straight game at home and 17th-consecutive over an unranked team.