- The #3/3 Lady Vols (9-0) return to action Tuesday night at Thompson-Boling Arena with the final tilt of a three-game home stand.
- Tennessee faces off against in-state foe Tennessee State (3-7) at 7:05 p.m. in UT's final home contest prior to the holiday break.
- With the battle not scheduled for television, fans can still view the game online, as UTSports.com will stream live video of the action on its All-Access channel along with the audio of Mickey Dearstone's call on the Lady Vol Radio Network.
- The Lady Vols are coming off a 39-point home win over Troy on Saturday afternoon, when they defeated the Trojans by a score of 103-64 in front of 11,358 Big Orange fans.
- Head coach Holly Warlick is trying to guide UT to a 10-0 record for the first time since the 2007-08 season, when the Lady Vols won their most recent NCAA title.
- TSU, meanwhile, enters the game on a two-game winning streak, having defeated Martin Methodist on Sunday, 92-61, in Nashville behind 24 points from Chelsea Hudson.
- Prior to Sunday, the Tigers handled North Florida in Jacksonville on Dec. 6, 67-51, and picked up their only other win of the season on Nov. 15 at Troy, defeating the Trojans, 77-71, in a contest featuring Tennessee's last opponent.
- The game vs. Tennessee State is one of six contests vs. schools from the Volunteer State that the Lady Vols will play this season. UT is 2-0 thus far, having beaten Middle Tennessee (67-57) and Chattanooga (80-56).