Dec. 19, 2013
- The #3/3 Lady Vols (10-0) put their best start since 2007-08 on the line Saturday, as they travel to Maples Pavilion to take on #6/5 Stanford in a 1:30 p.m. Pacific (4:30 p.m. Eastern) contest.
- The Pac-12 Networks will televise the contest, with Krista Blunk (play-by-play), Mary Murphy (color analyst) and Ashley Adamson (sideline reporter) describing the action.
- Tennessee enters the contest on the heels of a 51-point blowout over Tennessee State, 94-43, on Tuesday night in Knoxville and will be playing its final contest before going on holiday break.
- Stanford comes into the game with a 9-1 mark after defeating New Mexico by 34 points on Monday night at Maples Pavilion, 75-41. This is SU's final contest before the break as well, and at stake is an eight-game winning streak.
- The teams have one common foe this season thus far, with UT and SU each tasting victory over Texas.
- The Lady Vols are hoping to end a three-game losing skid at Maples Pavilion and secure their first victory at Stanford since Dec. 4, 2005. On that date, #2/1 Tennessee triumphed, 74-67, vs. the #12/11 Cardinal.
- Tennessee enters Saturday's game with a 10-game winning streak, and Stanford has been a stopper of two sizeable season-opening sprees and a shorter streak in the Lady Vols' last three visits to Maples Pavilion.
- The Big Orange women are chasing after their first road victory over a top-five-ranked squad since taking down #5/5 Connecticut in Hartford on Jan. 6, 2007, 70-64.