Dec. 29, 2012
- #13/15 Tennessee (8-3) and NR/RV Rutgers (8-3) will meet for the 22nd time, facing off on Sunday at 1 p.m. Eastern time in a game that will be carried live on SportSouth.
- UT is one win away from the program's 1,200th victory, entering the match-up with an NCAA-best 1,199-268 record (.817) in its 68th season.
- After dropping consecutive games vs. No. 3/3 Baylor and No. 1/1 Stanford, the Lady Vols enter on the momentum of a 75-40 home win over Davidson on Friday night.
- Standing 3-3 on Dec. 2 after back-to-back road losses to Princeton and Boston College, Rutgers won its fifth straight game (and most recent contest) on Dec. 21, handling Stony Brook, 72-44
- The UT women are 5-1 at home this season, the lone loss to #1/1 Stanford (73-60), on Dec. 22, while Rutgers is just 1-3 on the road with the sole victory coming at Temple (66-50) on Nov. 21.
- The Lady Vols carry an eight-game series winning streak into the contest, last falling to the Scarlet Knights in Piscataway, N.J., 65-51, on Dec. 29, 2004.