Dec. 31, 2013
- The #5/5 Lady Vols (11-1/0-0) open SEC play on Thursday at 7:05 p.m. Eastern time, as they play host to #16/16 LSU (9-2/0-0) at Thompson-Boling Arena.
- CSS will have the telecast, with Matt Stewart and Joe Ciampi calling the action, and the live stream can be found on ESPN3.
- Prior to the game, Tennessee will honor Lady Vol legend Candace Parker by retiring her jersey in a ceremony that begins at 6:45 p.m.
- Tennessee enters the game on the heels of a 110-42 blowout over Lipscomb in Knoxville on Sunday afternoon, giving UT its 14th-straight win at home.
- LSU comes to Rocky Top with a 10-2 mark after rolling past Jackson State in Baton Rouge on Monday night, 72-45.
- The Lady Vols have won seven straight in the series, thanks to a nail-biting 64-62 triumph in Baton Rouge on Feb. 7, 2013, when Bashaara Graves hit a shot in the paint while surrounded by three defenders with .8 remaining on the clock.
- To allow fans plenty of time to arrive and get to their seats prior to the 6:45 p.m. jersey retirement ceremony for Candace Parker, Thompson-Boling Arena doors will open earlier than usual at 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
- The first 2,500 fans will receive a life-size Candace Parker poster.