|Year||Trns.||Rds.||Strokes||Avg.||Low||High||Par or Better||T10||T25||2014-15||11||33||2409||73.00||67||80||14||4||8|
|Cardinal Fall Kickoff||71-74--145||T3|
|Mercedes-Benz Collegiate Championships||67-74-73--214||T7|
|Ruth's Chris Tar Heel Invitational||77-72-73--222||T18|
|Las Vegas Collegiate Showdown||68-65-65--198||1|
|Florida State Match-Up||74-75-73--222||T13|
|Darius Rucker Intercollegiate||73-73-74--220||T17|
|GolfWeek Conference Challenge||72-75-67--214||2t|
|Westbrook Spring Invite||69-72-72--213||3t|
|Darius Rucker Intercollegiate||70-75-76--221||16t|
|SDSU Farms Invite||4-0||-|
|NCAA San Antonio Regional||68-72-74--214||13t|
Awards & Honors
- In all nine tournaments of the 2015-2016 season, Newell placed in the top-25. She placed in the top-10 in five of the nine tournaments.
- Broke two NCAA records at the Las Vegas Collegiate Showdown--54-hole record for total strokes and relation to par--with an 18-under 198.
- Earned WGCA All-American Honorable Mention.
- Named to the All-SEC Second Team and All-SEC Freshman Team.
- Finished the regular season with three rounds of par or better at the Clemson Invitational in Sunset, SC (April 1-3).
- Rounded out the top 25 standings at the LSU Tiger Golf Classic, posting a total of 231 (March 20-22).
- Recorded two rounds of 73 and a round of 74 to tie for 17th place in the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate (March 4-6).
- Carded 222 over 54-holes to tie for 13th place in the Florida State Match-Up (Feb. 12-14).
- In the Las Vegas Collegiate Showdown, the last tournament of the fall season, Newell medaled (Oct. 25-Oct. 27). She posted 68 in the first round and a new career low 65 in the second and third rounds. Her 18-under 198 broke two NCAA records (54-hole record for total strokes and relation to par).
- Finished the Ruth's Chris Tar Heel Invitational (Oct. 9-Oct. 11) tied for 18th place with a total score of 222.
- Posted a 69 and twin scores of 70 at the Annika Intercollegiate tournament on Sept. 27-Sept. 29.
- Tied her freshman year low of 67 in the first round of the Mercedes-Benz Collegiate Championships on Sept. 21.
- Placed third at the Cardinal Fall Kick off after shooting a two-round total of 145 (Sept. 8).
- Finished in a 34th-place tie at the NCAA Championships after four rounds. Lowest score came in the third round with a 74.
- Carded a top-25 performance at the NCAA San Antonio Regional with a total of 214, including a low round of 68.
- Carded her fourth top-10 finish at the SEC Championship with a total of 216.
- Finished in an 11th place tie after shooting rounds of 75, 70 and 73 at the Rebel Intercollegiate.
- Won each of her matches at the SDSU Farms Invite.
- Finished in a tie for 16th place to lead the Lady Vols to a fourth place finish at the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate.
- Earned SEC Freshman of the Week honors after her performance at the Westbrook Spring Invite.
- Recorded a second-place (tie) finish at the Westbrook Spring Invite, shooting three-under 213. She shot at or under par all three rounds.
- Shot a career low round of 67 in Wolcott, Colo. Finished in a second-place tie with sister, AJ.
- Earned a career low round at the Cougar Classic in the same round as sister AJ Newell.
Prior to Tennessee
- Won four events, three on the Florida Junior Tour, and finished runner-up twice.
- Competed on two AJGA Wyndham Cup teams.
- Won the AJGA event at Innisbrook.
- Newell was homeschooled.
- Born August 2, 1996 in Tampa, Fla.
- Parents: Jon and Robin Newell
- Major: Sports Management
- Why she chose Tennessee: "Both my parents attended the University of Tennessee and since I was a child I wanted to carry on the tradition."
- Interesting Facts: She loves roller coasters and her favorite holiday is Halloween.
- Superstitions: She must wear different color socks but in the same pattern
- Recipient of the Wayne Basler Women's Athletic Endowed Golf Scholarship