|Year||Trns.||Rds.||Strokes||Avg.||Low||High||Par or Better||T10||T25|
Last Updated: April 20, 2017
- Mercedes-Benz Collegiate 69-73-73--215 / T10
- Golfweek Challenge 73-70-71--214 / T5
- Tar Heel Invite 74-72-73--219 / 21
- Kauth Invite 69-75-74--218 / T20
- Northrop Grumman 75-71-80--226 / T60
- Auburn vs. Tennessee 74-76--150 / 5
- Darius Rucker Intercollegiate 77-76-80--233 / 70
- 3M Augusta Invitational73-77-72--222 / T13
- Clemson Invitational 74-69-75--218 / T22
- Cardinal Fall Kickoff 71-74--145 / T3
- Mercedes-Benz Collegiate 67-74-73--214 / T7
- Annika Intercollegiate 69-70-70--209 / 6
- Ruth's Chris Tar Heel 77-72-73--222 / T18
- Las Vegas Showdown 68-65-65--198 / 1
- Florida State Match-Up 74-75-73--222 / T13
- Darius Rucker Intercollegiate 73-73-74--220 / T17
- LSU Classic 78-75-78--231 / T25
- Clemson Invite 69-72-72--213 / T6
- SEC Championship 76-80-73--229 / T13
- Shoal Creek Regional 71-77-72--220 / T20
- NCAA Championship 69-67-75-71--282 / T4
- Cardinal Fall Kickoff 80-72--152 / T6
- Cougar Classic 73-71-68--212 / T11
- GolfWeek Challenge 72-75-67--214 / T2
- Mercedes-Benz Collegiate 76-76-72--224 / T22
- Landfall Tradition 74-72-75--221 / T32
- Westbrook Spring Invite 69-72-72--213 / T3
- Darius Rucker Intercollegiate 70-75-76--221 / T16
- SDSU Farms Invite 4-0 / -
- Rebel Intercollegiate 75-70-73--218 / T11
- SEC Championship 73-70-73--216 / T10
- San Antonio Regional 68-72-74--214 / T13
- NCAA Championship 75-79-74-76--304 / T34
Awards & Honors
- Ranked No. 11 in Golfweek's Preseason Top 30 player list
- Carded highest NCAA Championship finish by a Volunteer with a 4th place finish in 2016.
- 2016 WGCA First Team All-American
- 2016 WGCA Academic All-American
- 2016 Golfweek Second Team All-American
- 2016 All-SEC First Team selection
- Broke two NCAA records at the Las Vegas Collegiate Showdown--54-hole record for total strokes and relation to par--with an 18-under 198.
- Earned 2015 WGCA All-American Honorable Mention.
- 2015 WGCA Academic All-American
- Named to the 2015 All-SEC Second Team and All-SEC Freshman Team
- Enters the postseason having carded eight rounds of par or better, seven top-25 finishes and three top-10 finishes.
- Followed her 13th place finish up at the Clemson Invitational with a 54-hole total of 218, tying for 22nd place.
- At the 3M Augusta Invitational, she tied for 13th place with a score of 222.
- Posted her second top-five finish of the season in the Auburn vs. Tennessee Challenge (also Golfweek Conference Challenge).
- Posted her second sub-70 score of the season during the first round of the Maryb S. Kauth Invite.
- Placed 21st at the Ruth's Chris Tar Heel Invite with a 54-hole score of 219.
- Recorded her first top-five finish of the season at the Golfweek Conference Challenge in Vail, Colo., after posting 214 (-2).
- Carded her first sub-70 round of the season (69) during the first round of the Mercedes-Benz Collegiate Championship on Sept. 12.
- Posted a program-best finish at the NCAA Championship in Eugene, Ore., tying for fourth place with a six-under 282 (May 20-23).
- Carded 229 at the NCAA Shoal Creek Regional on May 5-7 to tie for 20th place and help Tennessee advance to the NCAA Championship Tournament.
- Shot a team-best 229 to tie for 13th place at the SEC Championship in Birmingham, Ala. (April 15-17).
- Finished the regular season with three rounds of par or better at the Clemson Invitational in Sunset, SC (April 1-3).
- Rounded out the top 25 standings at the LSU Tiger Golf Classic, posting a total of 231 (March 20-22).
- Recorded two rounds of 73 and a round of 74 to tie for 17th place in the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate (March 4-6).
- Carded 222 over 54-holes to tie for 13th place in the Florida State Match-Up (Feb. 12-14).
- In the Las Vegas Collegiate Showdown, the last tournament of the fall season, Newell medaled (Oct. 25-Oct. 27).She posted 68 in the first round and a new career low 65 in the second and third rounds. Her 18-under 198 broke two NCAA records (54-hole record for total strokes and relation to par).
- Finished the Ruth's Chris Tar Heel Invitational (Oct. 9-Oct. 11) tied for 18th place with a total score of 222.
- Posted a 69 and twin scores of 70 at the Annika Intercollegiate tournament on Sept. 27-Sept. 29.
- Tied her freshman year low of 67 in the first round of the Mercedes-Benz Collegiate Championships on Sept. 21.
- Placed third at the Cardinal Fall Kick off after shooting a two-round total of 145 (Sept. 8).
- Finished in a 34th-place tie at the NCAA Championships after four rounds. Lowest score came in the third round with a 74.
- Carded a top-25 performance at the NCAA San Antonio Regional with a total of 214, including a low round of 68.
- Carded her fourth top-10 finish at the SEC Championship with a total of 216.
- Finished in an 11th place tie after shooting rounds of 75, 70 and 73 at the Rebel Intercollegiate.
- Won each of her matches at the SDSU Farms Invite.
- Finished in a tie for 16th place to lead the Vols to a fourth place finish at the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate.
- Earned SEC Freshman of the Week honors after her performance at the Westbrook Spring Invite.
- Recorded a second-place (tie) finish at the Westbrook Spring Invite, shooting three-under 213. She shot at or under par all three rounds.
- Shot a career low round of 67 in Wolcott, Colo. Finished in a second-place tie with sister, AJ.
- Earned a career low round at the Cougar Classic in the same round as sister AJ Newell.
Prior to Tennessee
- Won four events, three on the Florida Junior Tour, and finished runner-up twice
- Competed on two AJGA Wyndham Cup teams
- Won the AJGA event at Innisbrook
- Newell was homeschooled
- Born August 2, 1996 in Tampa, Fla.
- Parents: Jon and Robin Newell
- Major: Recreation and Sport Management
- Why she chose Tennessee: "Both my parents attended the University of Tennessee and since I was a child I wanted to carry on the tradition."
- Interesting Facts: She loves roller coasters and her favorite holiday is Halloween.
- Superstitions: She must wear different color socks but in the same pattern
- Recipient of the Betty Probasco Scholarship Endowment