AUGUSTA, Ga. -- The Tennessee Volunteers didn't let the rain get in the way of their second round at the 3M Augusta Invitational on Saturday as the team matched strokes with No. 23 Purdue to tie for first place with an overall score of 584 (+8).
- T1. Tennessee: 288-296--584 (+8)
- T1. No. 23 Purdue: 288-296--584 (+8)
- 2. Memphis: 292-296--588 (+12)
- 1. Jessica Haigwood (Augusta): 71-66--137 (-7)
- 2. Jiwon Jeon (Daytona State College): 65-73--138 (-6)
- T3. August Kim (Purdue): 71-71--142 (-2)
- T3. Hee Ying Lo (ETSU): 75-67--142 (-2)
In the hunt for its first win of the season, UT used three birdies on the 18th hole to move up into the tie for first with Purdue. Through the first two rounds, the teams have been neck and neck as they have each carded first round scores of 288 and second round scores of 296.
Junior Blakesly Warren, the leading scorer on the Vols' 2016-17 squad, notched three birdies on her last six holes to lead Tennessee and move into fifth place (143, -1) in the individual standings.
Joining Warren in the top 10, senior Lucia Polo shot two-over-par in the round, birdieing her final hole, to tie for ninth place with an overall score of 146 (+2).
Newcomer Micheala Williams fired 74 in the round to move up 16 spots into a tie for 35th place (152, +8).
The Vols compete in one more tournament, the Clemson Invitational (March 31-April 2), before playing in the SEC Championship in Birmingham, Ala., on April 21-23.