AUGUSTA, Ga. -- The Tennessee Volunteers carded 298 in the final round of the 3M Augusta Invitational to finish runner up to No. 23 Purdue (878, +14) with a 54-hole total of 882 (+18) on Sunday.
- 1. No. 23 Purdue: 288-296-294--878 (+14)
- 2. Tennessee: 288-296-298--882 (+18)
- 3. Augusta: 307-288-290--885 (+21)
- 1. Jessica Haigwood (Augusta): 71-66-67--204 (-12)
- 2. Jiwon Jeon (Daytona State College): 65-73-73--211 (-5)
- 3. August Kim (Purdue): 71-71-72--214 (-2)
Throughout the round, the Vols and Boilermakers fought a head-to-head battle that came down to the final three holes of competition. Tennessee shot seven-over-par while Purdue carded three-over down the stretch to take home the team title.
Senior Hannah Pietila and junior Anna Newell each recorded even par on Sunday en route to finishing in ties for eighth place (220, +4) and 13th place (222, +6), respectively. The duo carded 20 birdies total in the tournament.
Tying with Pietila for eighth place, Blakesly Warren shot 77 on Day Three for a total score of 220 (+4).
Lucia Polo, a senior from Guatemala, rounded out scoring for UT on the final day of competition. She shot a five-over 77, matching Warren's score, for a total of 223 (+7). She tied for 16th place.
Newcomer Micheala Williams fired 78 in the round to tie for 40th place (230, +14).
- As a team, Tennessee carded its sixth top-five finish with its runner-up placement at the 3M Augusta Invitational. UT also matched its best placement of the season with the finish (also second in the Auburn vs. Tennessee Challenge).
- The Vols carded their fifth round of par or better as a team in the first round of the tournament.
- Hannah Pietila shot her sixth round of par or better this season during the final round of the competition on Sunday, March 19. She also carded her third top-10 finish of the year.
- Anna Newell carded her seventh round of par or better this season during Sunday's round. She tallied her sixth top-25 finish of the year at the tournament.
- Blakesly Warren carded her 10th round of par or better this season during the second round of the tournament on Saturday, March 18. Warren also notched her fourth top-10 finish of the season by tying for eighth place.
- Lucia Polo carded her first round of par or better on Day One and her third top-25 finish of the season at the end of the tournament.
- Polo also matched her season-low score of 72 in the first round of the tournament.
The Vols compete in one more tournament, the Clemson Invitational (March 31-April 2), before playing in the SEC Championship in Birmingham, Ala., on April 21-23.