March 26, 2013
Denmark native Sara Monberg is one of two seniors on this year's team. Check out this week's Quick 18 with her.
1. Who is your favorite sports team?
2. Who are your favorite athletes?
Annika Sorenstam and Adam Scott
3. What are some of your hobbies?
I love to play handball
4. Who is the best golfer you have ever played with?
5. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
6. Where is the toughest course you have ever played?
The Blessings (University of Arkansas)
7. If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?
The royal family in Denmark
8. What places would you like to travel to?
Alaska and Iceland
9. What has been your best moment at Tennessee?
This semester when I went to the men's basketball game against Florida and we won. I knew it would probably be my last game ever to watch. It was such a great game that I will always remember.
10. What is the best part about living in Knoxville?
The weather is better than in Denmark. Also, how everyone gets together and cheers for their Big Orange family.
11. What is your first memory of golf?
I once went with a friend to her golf practice and fell in love right away. I have played ever since.
12. What has been your most memorable moment in college athletics so far?
Last spring, when we beat Duke in a five player play-off! That was the most exciting moment where the whole team got together for the victory!
13. If you didn't play college golf, what would you play?
Handball, and probably be a fitness instructor
14. Who has had the greatest impact on your life?
My mom and stepdad
15. What is the best advice a coach has given you?
Play your own game, you cannot control how others play, you can only play your own ball.
16. What are some obstacles you've overcame with golf?
Living in another country away from my family and friends.
17. Do you have any pre-round/tournament rituals?
I never play with the #4 and I always have Judi pick out the color of my marker of the day.
18. Finish this sentence, I wanted to become a Lady Vol because:
I really liked Judi and felt like this was the place where I could combine a good education with great golf opportunities. This was where I felt like I could take my golf to the next level.