Coach Glenn's Championship 8+ finished in the top twenty at Boston's Head of the Charles.
Oct. 19, 2003
Facing its toughest competition of the fall season, the University of Tennessee women's rowing team finished 14th in the Championship 8+ race at the prestigious Head of the Charles on Sunday, Oct. 19, in Boston. The finish marked improvement from last year's talented and highly successful squad that earned 25th place in the event.
The Lady Vol shell, comprised of Lizzie Brown (cox), Kaitlin Bargreen, Nicole Bold, Dana Forbes, McKenzie Craig, Lauren Wells, Chelsea Pemberton, Melissa DiCerbo and Jessica Shreder, completed the three-mile course in 16:49.53, while the London Training Center was victorious with a 15:31.08 clocking. Among the 26 boats that Tennessee defeated were 2003 NCAA Championship participants University of Southern California, University of Texas-Austin and Boston University.
Sunday's showing capped off a successful weekend for the Lady Vol rowing team, as the Club 8+ squad earned silver medals in its event on Saturday. Members of the runner-up shell included Erin Artz (cox), Amy McIntosh, Beth Schwartz, Eileen Welsh, Lindsay Jones, Andrea Bagwell, Amy McCormick, Rachel Mayberry and Sara Hutcheson.
UT will return to the water again next weekend when it plays host to the Head of the Tennessee on Saturday, Oct. 25.
Head of the Charles
Oct. 19, 2003
Results (Top 20)
Championship 8+ -- Sunday, Oct. 19, 4 p.m.
- London Training Center (15:31.08)
- USRowing (15:49.55)
- Princeton Training Center (15:56.97)
- Yale University (16:08.25)
- Roforeningen Kvik (16:12.05)
- Princeton University (16:21.93)
- Brown University (16:23.46)
- Radcliffe (16:31.40)
- University of Michigan (16.31.71)
- Stanford University (16:32.54)
- University of Virginia (16:34.72)
- University of Wisconsin (16:38.49)
- A.A.S.R. Skoll (16:42.46)
- UT - Lizzie Brown (cox), Kaitlin Bargreen, Nicole Bold, Dana Forbes, McKenzie Craig, Lauren Wells, Chelsea Pemberton, Melissa DiCerbo, Jessica Shreder (16:49.53)
- University of Southern California (16:50.06)
- Duke University (16:50.87)
- University of Texas-Austin (16:54.15)
- University of Iowa (16:54.59)
- UMass Amherst (17:02.74)
- Cornell University (17:03.42)