Oct. 23, 2004
BOSTON, Mass. - The University of Tennessee women's rowing team finished second in the Club 8+ competition at the Head of the Charles in Boston on Saturday. The Lady Vol Club 8+ entrant has now finished in the top two in the race for the last four consecutive years, with the 2001 and 2002 Big Orange representatives each claiming gold.
UT's boat, comprised of Jovanna Vick (Cox) Marissa Allen, Genevieve Collins, Melissa DiCerbo, Heather Hill, Stephanie Williams, Kristen Galloway, Nina Dobratz and Krista Gearing, finished the three-mile course in 13:11.03, ahead of 36 competitors. The Lake Washington Rowing Club claimed victory with a 13:03.89 clocking, while Lake Union Crew (13:20.29) finished third, with Cascade Rowing (13:34.15), and the University of Iowa (13:35.54) rounding out the top five.
The Lady Vols will be in action again tomorrow at the Head of the Charles when the Championship 8+ race commences at 3:25 p.m. Representing Tennessee on the
final day of action will be Molly Oellerich, (cox) Katie Bargreen, Lauren Wells, Dana Forbes, Chelsea Pemberton, Andrea Bagwell, McKenzie Craig, Rachel Mayberry, and
Next weekend, UT will take to the water in Knoxville as it plays host to the Head of the Tennessee on Saturday, Oct. 30.
Head of the Charles
Oct. 23, 2004
Results (Top 10)
Club 8+ -- Saturday, Oct. 23, 11:41 a.m.
1. Lake Washington Rowing Club (13:03.89)
2. UT (13:11.03) - Jovanna Vick (Cox) Marissa Allen, Genevieve Collins, Melissa DiCerbo, Heather Hill, Stephanie Williams, Kristen Galloway, Nina Dobratz and Krista Gearing.
3. Lake Union Crew (13:20.29)
4. Cascade Rowing (13:34.15)
5. University of Iowa Women (13:35.34)
6. Community Rowing Inc. - Youth Program (13:40.51)
7. Three Rivers Rowing (13:42.07)
8. Radcliffe Association of Rowing Alumnae (13:45.83)
9. Minneapolis Rowing Club (13:46:58)
10. Boston Master's Women (13:49.74)