Feb. 28, 2014
- This exhibition race is the second race for the Lady Volunteers in the 2014 competition season.
- The team traveled to Orlando, Fla. to race UCF and Michigan two weekends ago in their first exhibition race.
- The Big Orange began with races early Saturday morning, Tennessee took four out of five during the 4:00 pieces and during Saturday afternoon, UT swept all the 15-stroke pieces, 10 out of 10.
- During Sunday's exhibition in Orlando, Tennessee competed in eights in multiple 1500-meter pieces, Tennessee prevailed against UCF while Michigan prevailed over Tennessee and UCF.
- The Lady Volunteers had a strong fall season with at least one first place finish at every fall race.
- Last season, the team finished second at the Conference USA championships, falling to Oklahoma.
- For more information about the Tennessee rowing team, follow on @LadyVol_Rowing Twitter and on Facebook.
Melton Hill Lake
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
2013-14: At the Head of the Hooch Regatta this fall, UT raced against the Tarheels in the Champ 8+, Novice 8+ and the Champ 4+.
SCOUTING THE TARHEELS
- This is the first exhibition race for the Tarheels of North Carolina.
- At the Head of the Hooch, the Carolina varsity eight was seventh in the Championship 8+, with the second varsity eight finishing 21st. UNC then split up its varsity eight to make two varsity fours that raced in the Championship 4+, finishing ninth and 10th.
- During the fall, UNC swept both Old Dominion and Navy for the first time in program history.