March 7, 2014
- This exhibition race is the third race for the Lady Volunteers in the 2014 competition season.
- Last weekend the Lady Volunteers raced the Tar Heels of North Carolina on Melton Hill Lake in Oak Ridge. The varsity eights took to the water racing in three 2000-meter pieces. The Lady Vols first varsity eight swept the Tar Heels in all varsity eight races.
- The team traveled to Orlando, Fla. to race UCF and Michigan two weekends ago in their first exhibition race.
- The Big Orange began with races early Saturday morning, Tennessee took four out of five during the 4:00 pieces and during Saturday afternoon, UT swept all the 15-stroke pieces, 10 out of 10.
- During Sunday's exhibition in Orlando, Tennessee competed in eights in multiple 1500-meter pieces, Tennessee prevailed against UCF while Michigan prevailed over Tennessee and UCF.
- The Lady Volunteers had a strong fall season with at least one first place finish at every fall race.
- Last season, the team finished second at the Conference USA championships, falling to Oklahoma.
- For more information about the Tennessee rowing team, follow on @LadyVol_Rowing Twitter and on Facebook.
Melton Hill Lake
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
SCOUTING THE BLUE DEVILS
- This is the first exhibition race for the Blue Devils of Duke University.
- The teams raced in mid-October on Lake Michie in Bahama, North Carolina.
- During the fall, Duke prevailed over Tennessee in all races except during the novice 6 race.
- Duke posted a top-15 finish at Princeton Chase during fall racing.
- During the 2012-13 season, the Blue Devils finished third at the ACC Championships held on Lake Hartwell in Clemson, South Carolina.