April 3, 2014
- In a dual with the Gophers of Minnesota, Tennessee fell in all races during the scrimmage on the Tennessee River.
- At the Oak Ridge Cardinal Invitational, Tennessee won four on day one, get full results from day one here.
- Against Duke University, the Lady Vols produced solid results and improvements during its final exhibition race.
- In the first session on Melton Hill Lake UT took to the water in varsity fours to race the Blue Devils. The Lady Volunteers competed hard through all three pieces against Duke winning one of the three races.
- In the second session in Oak Ridge, Tennessee showed their strength on the water in eights with three pieces. Tennessee prevailed in one of the three pieces.
- Against the Tar Heels of North Carolina, the varsity eights took to the water racing in three 2000-meter pieces. The Lady Vols first varsity eight swept the Tar Heels in all varsity eight races.
- The team traveled to Orlando, Fla. to race UCF and Michigan two weekends ago in their first exhibition race.
- The Big Orange began with races early Saturday morning, Tennessee took four out of five during the 4:00 pieces and during Saturday afternoon, UT swept all the 15-stroke pieces, 10 out of 10.
- During Sunday's exhibition in Orlando, Tennessee competed in eights in multiple 1500-meter pieces, Tennessee prevailed against UCF while Michigan prevailed over Tennessee and UCF.
- The Lady Volunteers had a strong fall season with at least one first place finish at every fall race.
- Last season, the team finished second at the Conference USA championships, falling to Oklahoma.
- For more information about the Tennessee rowing team, follow on @LadyVol_Rowing Twitter and on Facebook.
Melton Hill Lake
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
SCOUTING THE KNIGHTS
- The Knights are coming off a five-win trip to the Longhorn Invitational and an overall seventh place finish.
- Against Northeastern, UCF won the third varsity eight race.
- To begin the Knights spring season, UCF won all five events and claimed its fourth-consecutive Robin Yeuell Trophy at the 34th Annual Metro Cup Regatta in Winter Park, Fla.
- In 2013, the UCF rowing team finished eighth at the Conference USA Championships on Melton Hill Lake, in Oak Ridge.