Aug. 18, 2012
- Fresh off a dominant 4-0 season-opening win Friday night at Regal Soccer Stadium, head coach Brian Pensky and the Tennessee soccer team are preparing for their first road contest together. The Lady Vols will face Western Kentucky Sunday at WKU Soccer Field at 2 p.m. ET.
- Sunday's match against Western Kentucky marks the second meeting all-time between the Lady Vols and the Lady Toppers. UT defeated WKU, 3-0, in its 2010 season opener at Regal Soccer Stadium.
- Tennessee owns a perfect 7-0 all-time record agaisnt teams from the Sun Belt Conference. UT last faced a Sun Belt team on Sept. 2, 2011, when the Lady Vols defeated Middle Tennessee State, 2-0, at Regal Soccer Stadium.
- UT's four players on the SEC Watch List include senior midfielder Kylie Bono (3 goals, seven assists, 17 points in 2011), senior midfielder/forward Caroline Brown (11 goals, eight assists, 30 points), sophomore goalkeeper Julie Eckel (15-7 record, 105 saves, 0.94 GAA, .833 save percentage) and senior midfielder Amy Harrison (three goals, one assist, seven points).
SCOUTING WESTERN KENTUCKY
- Western Kentucky is coming off a strong 2011 season in which it went 13-6-3 and made it to the Sun Belt championship game. The Lady Toppers return 16 letterwinners and six starters from their 2011 squad.
- On Friday, the Lady Toppers took a 3-0 win over Evansville in its season opener at WKU Soccer Field. Redshirt senior forward Amanda Buechel scored two goals in the game.
- WKU has two major roles to fill in 2012. The Bulldogs graduated leading scorer Mallory Outerbridge (14 goals, three assists) and starting goalie Libby Stout (21 starts, 12-6-3, 0.65 GAA, 74 saves).