- Friday's game will be the first Tennessee athletic contest to air on SEC Network +.
- Brian Rice will be the play-by-play announcer, UT alum Tori Beeler Watson will provide analysis and Dani Klupenger will report from the sidelines.
- Fans can watch SEC Network + contests by logging clicking the link above and logging in with their cable accounts.
- Tennessee and BYU have played twice before, both times in Provo, Utah. The all-time series is tied at 1-1.
- Sept. 1, 2001: Tennessee upset No. 13 BYU, 2-1, with a sixth-minute score by Keeley Dowling and a 79th-minute goal from Sue Flamini.
- Sept. 5, 2003: BYU took a 1-0 win thanks to Annie Zwahlen's 78th-minute goal.
- Tennessee is 15-3 (.833) all-time in home openers and 2-0 under head coach Brian Pensky.
- Over the years, UT has outscored its opponents 58-16 or an average of 3.2 to 0.9 in home openers.
- UT is 4-2 (.667) against ranked teams in home openers with wins over No. 16 Wake Forest in 2001, No. 15 Duke in 2004, No. 6 Virginia in 2006 and No. 7 Penn State in 2007. UT's losses were to No. 13 West Virginia in 2008 and No. 8 UCLA in 2011.
- Tennessee was 3-3 against ranked opponents in 2013.
- The Volunteers are 1-7-1 all-time against teams from the West Coast Conference. The lone win was against BYU in 2001.
- Tennessee is coming off a 1-1 showing in its season-opening weekend in Madison, Wis. Senior Hannah Wilkinson scored two goals in UT's 5-0 rout of Milwaukee. Sophomore Amy Neal had two goals on the weekend as well, scoring against Milwaukee and Wisconsin. Junior Jamie Simmons recorded her first start, win and shutout of her UT career vs. Milwaukee and registered four saves on the weekend. Freshman Gracie DeGooyer scored the first goal of her career against Milwaukee in the 70th minute.
- Tennessee's win over Milwaukee on Aug. 22 marked UT's eighth-consecutive win in a season opener and its five goals were its most since a 6-0 win over Mississippi State on Sept. 23, 2012.
- Wilkinson's first goal against Milwaukee was the seventh match-winner of her career, moving her into a tie for 10th place with Laura Lauter Smith, Kendyl Michner, Sue Flamini and Kylie Bono.
- BYU is ranked No. 23 in both the latest NSCAA Continental Tire NCAA Division I Women's National Poll and the latest Soccer America Poll.
- BYU had a pair of ties in its first weekend out as the Cougars had a 1-1 tie against Cal State Fullerton on Aug. 22 and a scoreless draw against Washington State on Aug. 25.
- Ashley Hatch scored BYU's lone goal of the season in the 77th minute against Cal State Fullerton.
- BYU went 15-5-1 in 2013 and won a share of the WCC Championship. The Cougars defeated Weber State in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament and lost to Colorado in the Second Round.
- In 2014, the Cougars will have to replace a pair of All-Americans in Cloee Colohan and keeper Erica Owens as well as two All-WCC picks in Rachel Manning and Paige Hunt. BYU did return its co-leading scorer in sophomore Ashley Hatch (six goals, seven assists in 2013), as well as Niki Fernandes (four goals, seven assists) and Marissa Nimmer (three goals, three assists).
- The used two goalkeepers in both of its games last week, starting Hannah Clark and playing her for 65 minutes in each contest and subbing in Katherine Snyder for 45 minutes in each game. Clark gave up the only goal in the 83rd minute against Cal State Fullerton.