Aug. 29, 2012
- Friday's match marks the Tennessee soccer program. Tennessee is 3-0 all-time against the Atlantic Sun with all three wins coming against Eastern Tennessee State. UT last faced an A-Sun team on Aug. 22, 2009, when it defeated ETSU, 2-0, in Knoxville.
- Head Coach Brian Pensky has faced Kennesaw State once before. On Aug. 29, 2010, Pensky's No. 14 Maryland squad crushed Kennesaw State, 4-0, in the 2012 First Tennessee Lady Vol Classic at Regal Soccer Stadium. That Terps team went on to have an 18-2-3 overall record and earn the No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
- The Tennessee defense has been incredible so far this season, setting program bests with three shutouts and just one goal allowed over its first four games. The last time an opponent scored on the Lady Vols was 6:33 into their 4-1 win at Western Kentucky on Aug. 19, 2012.
- Sophomore defender Allie Sirna was named to TopDrawerSoccer.com's Team of the Week on Monday after helping lead Tennessee to a pair of shutout wins over the weekend. Sirna played all 197 minutes of action in UT's victories over William & Mary and VCU, helping the Lady Vols limit both teams to just 11 combined shots.
SCOUTING KENNESAW STATE
- Kennesaw State is 1-2 on the season and coming off a 2-1 home loss to Georgia State on Aug. 24.
- The Owls have played strong defense so far this season, averaging just 1.00 goals allowed per game and limiting their opponents to just 13 combined shots over three games.
- In 2011, Kennesaw State went 7-8-2 and finished seventh in the A-Sun with a 3-5-1 league mark.
- Tennessee is 3-0 all-time against the Atlantic Sun with all three wins coming against Eastern Tennessee State. UT last faced an A-Sun team on Aug. 22, 2009, when it defeated ETSU, 2-0, in Knoxville.
- The Owls returned five starters from its 2011 squad, including their lease scorer from last season Katrina Frost. Frost garnered All-A-Sun second team and Freshman Team honors last year after putting up 11 goals and two assists for 24 points.