- Friday's game will be streamed live online via WKUSports.com. To view, purchase a one-month subscription for $9.95.
- Tennessee and is 2-0-1 all-time vs. Western Kentucky and 1-0 against the Hilltoppers in Bowling Green, Ky.
- Aug. 20, 2010: UT won 3-0. Chelsea Hatcher scored in the fourth minute, Anna Fisher scored in the 22nd and Caroline Brown added one more score in the 70th.
- Aug. 19, 2012: Tennessee won, 4-1, with two goals by Amy Harrison (third and 34th minutes), and scores by Tori Bailey and Ashlee Burt.
- Sept. 15, 2013: The teams played to a scoreless tie in Knoxville with Tennessee firing 36 shots to WKU's 10.
- Tennessee is coming off a 1-0 home loss to No. 23 BYU on Aug. 29.
- In 2013, Tennessee averaged 1.30 goals per game on the road. After two games in Madison, Wis., UT is averaging 3.0 goals per game on the road in 2014. The last time the Volunteers played WKU in Bowling Green back in 2012, they scored four goals.
- UT has not lost three games in a row since losing four straight from Sept. 4-17, 2010. UT has never lost three in a row under head coach Brian Pensky and Pensky has not lost three in a row as a head coach since 2009 at Maryland (Oct. 29, 2009, to Nov.4, 2009).
- Tennessee is 5-3 all-time against teams from Conference USA.
- Eleven UT newcomers have seen action this season and have combined for 712 minutes of play. Sophomore transfer Anna McClung leads all newcomers with three starts and two assists and freshman Carlyn Baldwin ranks first among newcomers and sixth on the team with 221 minutes played.
- Western Kentucky had a bye last weekend. The Hilltoppers are 2-0 after a pair of shutouts against Lipscomb (W, 2-0) and Mercer (W, 1-0).
- Junior forward Lauren Moats leads the team with two goals, both coming against Lipscomb on Aug. 22. Bria Mosley scored WKU's match-winner vs. Mercer on Aug. 24.
- WKU is in its first season in Conference USA. Western Kentucky went 10-6-5 in 2013, won the Sun Belt regular season title (its final year in the league) and finished as the Sun Belt Conference Tournament runner-up. The Hilltoppers return 11 letterwinners and six starters from last year, including leading scorer Iris Dunn (seven goals in 2013).
- Freshman goalkeeper Allison Leone is off to a strong start to her collegiate career, posint two shutouts and nine saves over 180 minutes.
- WKU has outshot its opponents in both of its previous games this season and owns a 28-21 shot advantage.