Sept. 20, 2012
- Friday's match will mark the 23rd meeting all-time between Tennessee and Florida. The Gators lead the all-time series, 12-8-2. The teams have split the last five matches, 2-2-1. Friday's match is also the first time Tennessee will face a non-ranked Florida team since 2002.
- Last year, then-No. 11 UT upset then-No. 6 Florida, 4-2, at Regal Soccer Stadium, thanks in large part to three goals from Alexis Owens. Owens' hat trick was the first for a Lady Vol in nearly a decade as the Orange and White had not seen one since Kayla Lockaby netted a trio of goals on Sept. 8, 2002.
- Tennessee is currently ranked No. 23 in the nation in both the NSCAA/Continental Tire national poll and the Soccer America poll. Florida is receiving votes in the NSCAA poll.
- Tennessee's defense stands as one of the best in the nation. The Lady Vols are ranked ninth among all NCAA Division I teams and second in the SEC with a .412 goals-against average.
- The Lady Vols rank second in the SEC with 20.00 shots per contest. Florida ranks 12th in the league with 13.62 shots per match.
SCOUTING THE GATORS
- Florida is 4-3-1 and coming off a 2-1 overtime win over Auburn on Sept. 16.
- The Gators are averaging 1.63 goals and giving up 1.50 goals per game.
- In 2011, Florida went 17-8 and tied for third in the SEC with a 7-4 record. They advanced to the NCAA Tournament's Second Round, falling to UCF, 3-2.
- Eight different Gators have combined to score the team's 13 goals this season. Erika Tymrak leads the team with seven points (two goals, three assists). Mckenzie Barney, Holly King and Havana Solaun have also scored two goals each.
THIS WEEK IN TENNESSEE SOCCER