Sept. 22, 2012
- Sunday's match will mark the 15th meeting all-time between Tennessee and Mississippi State. The Lady Vols hold a 12-2 edge in the all-time series -- good for UT's best win percentage (.857) against any SEC opponent. Tennessee has won the last five times these teams have played by a combined score of 12-1.
- Last year, then-No. 15 Tennessee shut out MSU, 2-0, at Regal Soccer Stadium. UT had goals from Emily Dowd and Chelsea Hatcher.
- UT's veterans have enjoyed strong performances vs. MSU in the past. In 2009, Amy Harrison had two assists in a 3-0 shutout. In 2010, Caroline Brown scored the game-winner in the 103rd minute. Kylie Bono had the assist on Dowd's game-winner last year.
- Sunday's match will feature free live video with no audio at HailState.com/hstvlive. Free live stats will also be available through HailState.com. Fans can follow the action and interact on the live blog here on the SOCCER CENTRAL page of UTSports.com.
- Tennessee has not suffered back-to-back road losses since Oct. 17, 2010 (losses at then-No. 13 Florida then-No. 14 South Carolina).
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS
- Mississippi State is 7-2-1 and 0-2-1 in the SEC. The Bulldogs are coming off a 4-2 home loss to Vanderbilt on Friday. MSU is currently on a three-match winless streak.
- The Bulldogs are averaging 2.10 goals per game and allowing 1.10 goals per game.
- In 2011, Mississippi State went 6-10-3 and 3-7-1 in the SEC. MSU finished fifth in the SEC West
- Elisabeth Sullivan has a team-high seven goals. She also has three assists and leads the squad with 17 points. Honeye Heydari has five scores and four assists for 14 points. Amy Hoover has four goals and one assist for nine points.
- Goalkeeper Skylar Rosson is 7-2-1 with a 1.01 GAA, 38 saves and a .792 saver percentage.
THIS WEEK IN TENNESSEE SOCCER