Sept. 27, 2012
- Friday's match will mark the 14th meeting all-time between Tennessee and Arkansas. UT holds an 11-1-1 edge in the series and has won the last four contests following a 1-1 tie at Arkansas on Oct. 7, 2007. Tennessee has not lost to Arkansas since their first-ever meeting on Sept. 15, 1996 (a 1-0 Razorback win). UT is a perfect 6-0 vs. Arkansas at home.
- Last year, then-No. 10 Tennessee crushed Arkansas, 4-0, in Fayettville. Emily Dowd scored two goals in the first eight minutes, the Razorbacks pushed in an own goal in the 54th minute and Caroline Brown scored in the 70th minute.
- In three career games against the Razorbacks, senior Kylie Bono not been shy about attacking the goal. She scored the first goal in UT's 2-1 win in 2010 and she has fired nine total shots with five on goal.
- The NCAA released its first RPI rankings of the 2012 season on Monday with Tennessee coming in at No. 18. UT finished the 2011 season with an RPI of 33.
- Friday's match will feature a free live video feed available HERE. The live stats feed will be available HERE. This SOCCER CENTRAL page will also feature the free live blog. So be sure to tune in if you can't make it to Regal!
SCOUTING THE RAZORBACKS
- Arkanasas is 4-5-1 on the year with a 1-2-1 in SEC play. The Razorbacks are coming off a 1-1 home tie against South Carolina. Before that, UA upset then-No.18 Kentucky, 3-2.
- The Razorbacks are averaging just 0.90 goals and allowing 1.60 goals per contest.
- In 2011, Arkansas went 4-14 and 2-9 in the SEC. The team finished sixth in the SEC West.
- Arkansas' top goal scorers in 2012 are underclassmen. Freshman forward Lindsay Mayo leads the team with three goals and six points of 10 shots. Freshman forward Ashleigh Ellenwood and sophomore forward Jeriann Okoro have two scores apiece.
- Goalkeeper Kelly Roliard has played 920 minutes in goal this season with a 1.57 goals-against average, 40 saves and a .714 save percentage.
THIS WEEK IN TENNESSEE SOCCER