Sept. 29, 2012
- Sunday's match will mark just the first-ever meeting between Tennessee and Missouri.
- Tennessee is looking to bounce back from a 1-0 setback against Arkansas on Friday. Missouri is coming off a 2-1 win at Georgia on Friday.
- Through the first five SEC games of the season, UT has played some physical matches. The Lady Vols and their opponents have combined for 102 fouls in those five contests (45 UT, 57 opponents, about 20 per game).
- The NCAA released its first RPI rankings of the 2012 season on Monday with Tennessee coming in at No. 18. UT finished the 2011 season with an RPI of 33.
- Sunday's match will feature a free live video feed available HERE. The live stats feed will be available HERE. This SOCCER CENTRAL page will also feature the free live blog. So be sure to tune in if you can't make it to Regal!
SCOUTING THE TIGERS
- In the first NCAA RPI rankings of the year, Missouri is ranked No. 9. UT previously faced another current-top-10 RPI opponent this season in UCLA, which stands at No. 4.
- Missouri is 10-1-0 overall this year and 5-0 in the SEC. This is the Tigers' first season in the SEC.
- The Tigers are a 4-1 on the road this season with their lone loss coming on Sept. 6 at Ohio State.
- Mizzou is averaging 2.27 goals scored and 0.64 goals allowed per game this year, ranking third in the SEC in both categories.
- In 2011, the Tigers went 12-8-1 and 3-5 in the Big 12, finishing sixth in the conference. The Tigers returned 15 of 19 letterwinners from last year.
- Abi Raymer leads the team in with 12 points off five goals and two assists. Taiwo Adeshigbin has fired a team-high 21 shots and has five goals, one assist and 11 points. Haly Krentz has two goals and a team-high six assists for 10 points.
- McKenzie Sauerwein has played every minute of the season in goal. She has a 0.64 GAA, 43 saves and an .860 save percentage.
THIS WEEK IN TENNESSEE SOCCER