Oct. 4, 2012
- Friday's match will mark the 19th meeting all-time between Tennessee and South Carolina. UT holds an 11-5-2 lead in the all-time series. South Carolina has won the last five times the teams have played. The Lady Vols last defeated the Gamecocks on Sept. 27, 2007, when UT took a 3-2 double overtime win in Knoxville.
- Tennessee is coming off a hard-fought 1-0 home win over No. 11 Missouri on Sunday. South Carolina is coming off a 1-1 road tie at Vanderbilt.
- The Lady Vols have posted seven shutouts on the season, going 6-0-1 in those contests.
- In this week's NCAA RPI rankings, Tennessee stayed at No. 18. UT finished the 2011 season with an RPI of 33. South Carolina's RPI is currently 121.
- Sunday's match will feature a free live video feed available HERE. The live stats feed will be available HERE. This SOCCER CENTRAL page will also feature the free live blog. So be sure to tune in!
SCOUTING THE GAMECOCKS
- South Carolina is 3-5-4 this year and 0-3-3 in the SEC. The Gamecocks are on a six-match winless streak.
- USC is 3-2-1 at home this season and 0-1-1 against conference foes at home.
- The Gamecocks are averaging 1.08 goals and 1.00 goals allowed per game. South Carolina is also averaging 3.58 saves per game.
- Courtney Angotti-Smith leads the team with eight points off two goals and four assists. Danielle Au and Coryn Bajema each have three goals and one assist for seven points.
- Darien Vercillo (5 GP, 2-1-2, 0.42 GAA, 13 saves, .867 save percentage) and Sabrina D'Angelo (8 games, 1-4-2, 1.19 GAA, 26 saves, .722 saver percentage) have split time in goal.
- In 2011, USC went 16-7 and won the SEC regular season title.
THIS WEEK IN TENNESSEE SOCCER