Oct. 6, 2012
- Sunday's match will be broadcast on ESPN3 and CSS. Former Lady Vol soccer player Cameron Broome (formerly Cameron Conway, UT defender 1999, 2001-02) is on the call for CSS.
- Tennessee and Auburn will be playing for the 17th time. UT leads the all-time series, 10-6, but the Tigers hold a 4-2 advantage when playing in Auburn. The teams played twice in 2011 with UT taking a 2-0 win in Knoxville and Auburn claiming a 2-0 victory to eliminate the Lady Vols in the second round of the SEC Tournament.
- The Lady Vols have posted eight shutouts on the season, going 7-0-1 in those contests.
- In this week's NCAA RPI rankings, Tennessee stayed at No. 18. UT finished the 2011 season with an RPI of 33. Auburn's RPI is currently 45.
SCOUTING THE TIGERS
- Auburn is 8-6 on the year and 4-3 in conference play. The Tigers are coming off a 2-0 home win over Mississippi State on Friday. Auburn has won three straight.
- The Tigers are 7-3 at home. Their lost home loss was a 2-1 overtime setback to Florida on Sept. 16.
- Auburn is averaging 1.50 goals and 1.14 goals allowed per game. The Tigers are also averaging 4.64 saves per game.
- Tatiana Coleman leads the team with 15 points off four goals and seven assists. Tori Ball has four goals and Mary Coffed has three goals and two assists.
- Amy Howard has started in goal all season for Auburn, going 8-6 with a 1.13 GAA, 64 saves and a .800 save percentage.
- In 2011, Auburn went 15-5 and won the SEC Tournament title.
- The Tigers' 2011 season ended in the NCAA tournament second round when Brian Pensky's Maryland team defeated them, 1-0.
THIS WEEK IN TENNESSEE SOCCER