Oct. 13, 2012
- Sunday's match will feature free live video available, free live stats and a free live blog on UTSports.com
- UT and LSU will square off for the 17th time. Tennessee holds a 10-4-2 edge in the series but has gone winless against the Tigers in their last five meetings (0-3-2 in that stretch). Last year, LSU took a 2-0 win in Baton Rouge, La. UT's last win over LSU was on Oct. 3, 2008, when the Lady Vols took a 2-1 win over the No. 15 Tigers.
- In this week's NCAA RPI rankings, Tennessee climbed four spots to No. 14. UT finished the 2011 season with an RPI of 33. LSU's RPI is currently 65.
- UT sophomore Julie Eckel is enjoying one of the best seasons by a Lady Vol goalkeeper. She currently has an outstanding 0.51 GAA. The UT single-season record for GAA is 0.68 set by Vanessa Phillips-Bosshart back in 2004.
- UT has dominated the second half of games, outscoring opponents 12-3 in the second period. The Lady Vols' offensive pressure goes up in the second half. UT has a 41-25 edge on corner kicks in the first half and a 61-24 advantage in the second half.
SCOUTING THE TIGERS
- LSU is 6-6-4 on the season and 2-5-2 in SEC play. The Tigers are 2-1-1 on the road. LSU has gone 2-2-1 in its last five and opponents have outscored the Tigers, 6-5, in that stretch.
- The Tigers are coming off a 2-1 road loss at South Carolina on Friday.
- LSU is averaging 1.06 goals and 1.12 goals allowed per game. Opponents are averaging 17.3 shots while the LSU offense is averaging just 12.5 shots.
- Fernanda Pina and Jade Kovacevic lead thw team with two goals and three assists each. Colby Maffei has two goals and two assists.
- Megan Kinneman has been LSU's keeper for every minute of the season. She is 6-6-4 with a 1.03 GAA, 90 saves and an .833 save percentage.
- The Tigers went 13-8-1 in 2011 and won the SEC West with an 8-3 league mark. They ended their season in the first round of the NCAA Tournament with a 4-0 loss to Texas A&M. LSU returned 14 letterwinners and six starters from its 2011 squad.
THIS WEEK IN TENNESSEE SOCCER
WEEKEND MATCH NOTES