Oct. 18, 2012
- Sunday's match will feature live video available through AggieAthletics.com. A day pass is $9.95. There will be free live stats on AggieAthletics.com and a free live blog on UTSports.com
- Tennessee and Texas A&M will play for just the second time. The teams met for the first time ever last season when the Lady Vols took a 1-0 home win over the Aggies in the First Tennessee Classic. Caroline Brown scored the game-winner on a penalty kick in the 35th minute
- In this week's NCAA RPI rankings, Tennessee is at No. 18. UT finished the 2011 season with an RPI of 33. Texas A&M's RPI is currently 12.
- UT sophomore Julie Eckel is enjoying one of the best seasons by a Lady Vol goalkeeper. She currently has an outstanding 0.60 GAA. The UT single-season record for GAA is 0.68 set by Vanessa Phillips-Bosshart back in 2004.
- UT has dominated the second half of games, outscoring opponents 14-5 in the second period. The Lady Vols' offensive pressure goes up in the second half. UT has a 46-26 edge on corner kicks in the first half and a 63-28 advantage in the second half.
SCOUTING THE AGGIES
- Texas A&M is 14-2-1 on the season and 8-1-1 in SEC play. The Aggies are 8-1-0 at home. A&M has won four ofits last five matches.
- The Aggies are currently ranked ninth in the latest NSCAA/Continental Tire poll and 10th in the latest Soccer America poll.
- The Aggies are coming off a 4-0 road win over Vanderbilt on Oct. 14.
- Texas A&M is averaging 2.35 goals scored and 1.88 goals allowed per game.
- Annie Kunz leads the team with 10 goals and one assist for 21 points. Kelley Monogue has nine goals and Shea Groom has five goals and four assists for 14 points.
- Jordan Day has started all 17 matches in goal. She ranks ninth in the nation and leads the SEC with a 0.47 GAA. She has tallied 57 saves and has a .877 save percentage.
- Aggies went 16-6-2 in 2011 and finished second in the Big 12. A&M's season ended in the second round of the NCAA Tournament with a 3-1 loss to Virginia Tech. The team returned 19 letterwinners and eight starters from last season.
THIS WEEK IN TENNESSEE SOCCER
THE ROAD: PART 7
WEEKEND MATCH NOTES