Oct. 24, 2012
- Tennessee will hold its Senior Night on Thursday, celebrating the careers of Kylie Bono, Ali Hall, Amy Harrison, Alexis Owens and RB Wyatt.
- The senior quintet of Bono, Hall, Harrison, Owens and Wyatt has gone 46-29-6 overall and 25-12-4 in home matches. UT has outscored its opponents by a 131-87 margin in that stretch.
- Thursday's match is also UT's Goal Pink match for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Fans who wear pink will receive free admission. The first 250 fans will receive Goal Pink t-shirts and for a $1 donation, they will receive either a pink shaker or a pink Krispy Kreme donut. There will be a halftime on-field recognition for those who have fought or are fighting breast cancer.
- The match will feature a free live video broadcast on UTSports.com/AllAccess. There will be free live stats and a free live blog on UTSports.com
- Tennessee holds a 12-7 advantage in its all-time rivalry with Georgia. UT has won three of its last five matches against the Bulldogs. Last year, UT shut out Georgia, 2-0, in Athens with goals from Caroline Brown and Emily Dowd.
- In this week's NCAA RPI rankings, Tennessee is at No. 11. UT finished the 2011 season with an RPI of 33. Georgia has an RPI of 90. Tennessee is also currently ranked 23rd in the latest NSCAA/Continental Tire Coaches poll.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Julie Eckel has allowed just 11 goals in 19 games this season. She has a 0.59 GAA, which ranks second in the SEC and 21st in the nation. The UT single-season record for GAA is 0.68 set by Vanessa Phillips-Bosshart back in 2004.
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS
- Georgia is 7-10-2 overall and 3-4-2 in SEC play. The Bulldogs have lost four of their last five matches and were shut out 1-0 in each of those losses. UGA is coming off a 1-0 double OT loss at No. 9 Texas A&M.
- Nicole Locandro leads the team with 10 points off four goals and two assists. Meghan Gibbons and Bella Hartley also have four goals apiece.
- Ashley Baker has started 18 of UGA's 19 contests and is 6-10-2 on the year. Baker has a 1.06 GAA with .837 save percentage and 103 saves.
- As of right now, Georgia is on the outside looking in as far as the 2012 SEC Soccer Championships. This year's conference tournament includes the top 10 teams of the 14-team league. Georgia is in 12th place. The Bulldogs need to win Thursday and either an LSU loss and Alabama tie or loss OR a South Carolina tie or loss and an Alabama tie or loss.
TENNESSEE SOCCER: THE SENIORS
WEEKEND MATCH NOTES