Women's Soccer Home
Tennessee Sports
Buy Tickets Tenn Fund
ALERT
BUTCH JONES NAMED VOLS' NEW FOOTBALL COACH. CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY »

ROSTER » SCHEDULE » COACHES » FACILITIES » STATS » NEWS » HISTORY

Rossi Nominated for Soccer News Net Player of the Year
Kylee Rossi

Kylee Rossi

Nov. 21, 2008

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - University of Tennessee women's soccer player Kylee Rossi is among 32 players nominated for the Soccer News Net Player of the Year Award. The senior forward was among six women's soccer players from the Philadelphia region who were tabbed as finalists for both national and regional player of the year honors.

Though she was forced off the field with an injury late in the season, Rossi paced the Lady Vols for the fourth consecutive year, scoring 13 goals in 19 matches to lead the Southeastern Conference. For her efforts, the Pennington, N.J., native was named First-Team All-SEC for the third time in her career.

Rossi solidified her spot as most prolific scorer in program history in 2008, setting a new record for career points with 102. She leaves Tennessee as the school's career record holder in points, goals (43), shots (329), game winners (15) and golden goals (4). Rossi is also the Lady Vols' only SEC Offensive Player of the Year, earning the honor in both 2006 and 2007.

Rossi is the only player from the SEC nominated for the award and joins Florida State's Sanna Talonen and Charlotte's Whitney Weintraub as the only nominees from the Southeast region. Notre Dame and UCLA each had three players selected.

The editors of each of the six sites in the Soccer News Net network nominated players, each of whom will be eligible for the regional player of the year award. The nominations include athletes playing at colleges within each site's coverage area, as well as athletes from the area playing elsewhere in the country. Six additional at-large selections rounded out the nominations.

Fans from across the country will be able to vote for the award. Fan votes will account for 40 percent of the total, while the remaining 60 percent of the vote will be cast by the editorial staffs of the six web sites.

Voting is now underway and will continue until Dec. 15. Fans can vote on any of the six regional Soccer News sites at bigapplesoccer.com, chicagolandsoccernews.com, lasoccernews.com, newenglandsoccernews.com, phillysoccernews.com and dallassoccernews.com.

 

 

Official Online Store

This week on sale:

    Tennessee Auction

    BID NOW! >>

    Replay Photo Store
    Replay Photo Store
    Vol Network Promotions
    Vol Network Promotions