Career stats loading...
- Struck out three over five shutout frames vs. App State (4/16)
- Blasted a two-run homer in the fourth vs. Auburn (4/14)
- Struck out three over three innings to earn win over Tennessee Tech (4/10)
- Went 2-for-3 with a solo homer vs. TTU (4/10)
- Scored twice, walked twice and had one RBI in win at Georgia (4/5)
- Had one RBI in win over No. 5/4 Texas A&M (3/22)
- Hit 3-for-4, one double and one RBI at No. 3/3 Florida (3/16)
- Belted a two-run homer in the first at No. 3/3 Florida (3/15)
- Went 2-for-3 with one RBI vs. Winthrop (3/12)
- Hammered a three-run homer in 4-3 win over No. 1/2 Alabama (3/8)
- Hit a two-run homer and scored twice at Charleston Southern (3/3)
- Tossed a five-inning, one-hit shutout and struck out five vs. UNC-Wilmington (3/2)
- Blasted a three-run homer vs. UNC-Wilmington (3/1) and drove in another run
- Stuck out seven over 4.1 scoreless innings in relief vs. Northwestern (2/22)
- Hit 2-for-4, two RBIs, and scored a run against NC State (2/17)
- In victory over Costal Carolina (2/16), pitched her second win of season while batting 2-for-3 with a homer and four RBIs
- Batted 2-for-3 with two doubles and two RBIs vs. NC State (2/15)
- Against South Dakota (2/9), struck out eight batters in a a two-hit complete game win and went 2-for-3 with a two-run homer.
- Hit solo home run, drew two walks and scored twice vs. Idaho State (2/8)
- Went 3-for-3 with one double, one RBI and three runs scored in season debut vs. Southern Utah (2/7)
A decorated player out Anaheim Hills, Calif., Cheyanne Tarango ventures to Tennessee with an impressive list of accolades in tow...Both a 2011 ESPN/RISE Second Team and 2010 ESPN/RISE Third Team All-American, a 2010 NFCA High School First Team All-West Region selection and one of the 2010 "Top Five Softball Players in Orange County," Tarango was tabbed as All-State, All-CIF, All-Orange County and All-Century League following all four years of her H.S. career (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)...As a senior Tarango hit .486 with 20 RBIs while posting a 23-8 record, 214 K's and a 2.44 ERA in 198 innings...Also guided her Canyon H.S. squad to the 2011 Division I CIF-Southern Section finals for the first time in program history...During her junior year she posted a .413 mark with five HR's and 17 RBIs while registering a 20-7-1 mark from the circle with a 0.70 ERA and 219 K's...She hit .366 with seven HR's and 22 RBIs as a sophomore in 2009 with a 24-8 record, a 1.08 ERA and 234 K's...As a freshman Tarango was 22-8 from the circle with a 1.57 ERA and 290 K's while tallying a .357 average with four big flies and 21 RBIs...She was honored as the Century League Most Valuable Player (one of two such selections in her career - 2009 & 2010) in helping lead her high school squad to the 2009 league title and was named event MVP as Canyon registered a 5-0 record on the way to the 2008 Cypress Tournament Championship...She also picked up three consecutive all-tournament nods at both the Nike Fast to First and Michele Carew Classics...Playing with the Worth Firecrackers, Tarango was a part of back-to-back Fireworks Colorado 18-U Gold & Canada Cup 18-U Gold titlists while helping her squad to a third-place finish at the 2009 ASA Gold Nationals and a runner-up placing in 2011.
As a member of the USA Softball Junior Women's National Team in 2011, Tarango hit .400 (4-for-10) over six appearances (three starts) in helping the squad to the ISF IX Junior's Women's World Championship gold medal in Cape Town, South Africa...She even contributed the game-winning grand slam during the 4-1 victory over Japan in the title contest...Joined Lady Vol teammate Madison Shipman on the USA Softball Junior National Team that posted a 9-0 mark on the way to a gold medal at the III Pan Am Championship in Bogota, Colombia, in 2010...Tarango registered a pair of runs, knocked in three RBIs and recorded the win by firing three innings of three-hit pitching work with a trio of K's as the Red, White & Blue drilled Mexico, 15-3 (6 inn.), in pool play.
Enrolled in the College of Arts & Sciences...Picked Tennessee from a list of schools that included California, UCLA and Notre Dame...Modeled herself after former Team USA pitcher Cat Osterman, but says many claim she plays more like USA legend Lisa Fernandez, because she pitches, plays the infield and hits...Played junior varsity basketball and water polo while at Canyon H.S....Has family members that live close to the UT-Knoxville campus, one of the reasons she chose to play at Rocky Top...Was involved in Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the school choir in high school...Has a brother, Joshua, 12...Cheyanne Elizabeth Tarango was born August 21, 1993, in Anaheim Hills, Calif....Her parents are Andy and Heather Tarango.