Career stats loading...
- Top 50 "Watch List" for 2013 USA Softball Player of the Year
- 2013 Preseason All-SEC
- Had three RBIs, one double vs. Auburn (4/14)
- Went 3-for-3 with two doubles and one RBI vs. AU (4/13)
- Drove in two runs in win at Georgia (4/7)
- Hit a three-run homer, had two hits and scored twice in win at Georgia (4/5)
- Set new career high with six RBIs and tied personal best with two homers (both in fourth inning) on 3-for-4 performance vs. Tennessee State (4/2)
- Went 2-for-2 with two doubles, two RBIs and two runs vs. Western Carolina (4/1)
- Hit a walk-off RBI single with the bases juiced to carry UT past No. 5/4 Texas A&M, 5-4 (3/24)
- Had three hits and a two-run bomb in the first to lift UT past No. 5/4 Texas A&M (3/22)
- Was a perfect 4-for-4 with two doubles and one run at No. 3/3 Florida (3/15/13)
- On three pitches, went solo homer, two-run homer, two-run double vs. Winthrop (3/12) to plate career-high-tying five runs
- Blasted solo homer vs. No. 1/2 Alabama (3/10)
- Had walk-off RBI single in bottom seventh to beat No. 1/2 Alabama, 4-3 (3/8)
- Hit a double and drove in two runs at Charleston Southern (3/3)
- Hit a two-run homer and scored twice vs. UNC-Wilmington (3/2)
- Knocked two doubles and drove in a run at Charleston Southern (3/1)
- Went 2-for-2 with one double, one RBI and two runs vs. UNC-Wilmington (3/1)
- Had an RBI double and a two-RBI single vs. UC Santa Barbara (2/23)
- Went 2-for-3 with a solo homer and three runs scored vs. Cal State Fullerton (2/21)
- Went 2-for-3 with one RBI and one score against NC State (2/17)
- Had two RBIs vs Coastal Carolina (2/16)
- Hit 2-for-4 with two RBIs in victory over Coastal Carolina (2/15)
- Hit double bringing in a runner and scored two runs (2/15) vs. N.C. State
- Went 3-for-4 including a double with three runs and a stolen base vs. BYU (2/9)
- Batted 3-for-5, with five RBIs and two steals in win over Southern Utah (2/7)
One of the most coveted softball signees in the country, Madison Shipman joins the Lady Vol program out of Valencia High School in Valencia, Calif....Under the guidance of head coach Donna Lee, she played alongside current Tennessee junior Jessica Spigner as part of Valencia's 2007 USA Today National Championship squad...During her interscholastic career, Shipman was chosen as a 2010 ESPN/RISE First Team All-American, a 2008 Louisville Slugger/National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) Honorable Mention All-American as well as a 2008 & 2010 NFCA First Team All West Region selection...ESPN/RISE listed Shipman as its No. 2 national recruit in the U.S. in 2010...In 2008, 2009 and 2010, she was named first team All-California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) as well as Cal-Hi Sports All-State and to the All-Foothill League Team...Following her senior campaign in '10, she was tabbed as the CIF Southern Section Division 1, The Santa Clarita Valley Signal and Foothill League Player of the Year and was one of six finalists for the Cal-Hi Sports' Ms. Softball State Player of the Year after hitting .444 overall with nine home runs, 39 runs scored, 32 stolen bases and 36 RBIs while leading Valencia to the CIF-Southern Section Division I semifinals with a 29-4-1 record...Shipman was chosen by the Los Angeles Times as part of its all-region team (2008, 2009, 2010) three times, while the Los Angeles Daily News also included her on its all-area squad (2008, 2009, 2010) on a trio of occasions...She was selected as the California State Sophomore Player of the Year in 2008 after hitting .403 during the campaign...As a junior she raised her average to .411 with 21 RBIs while helping Valencia (25-7, 8-2 Foothill League) to its third consecutive Foothill League Championship...The shortstop played a key role in back-to-back CIF Southern Section titlists in 2007 & 2008...Shipman played Gold softball for coach Gary Fausett and the So Cal Choppers...She was a member of the National Honor Society at Valencia H.S.
A member of the 2010-11 USA Softball Junior Women's National Team, Shipman hit .421 (8-for-19) with eight runs scored, two doubles, nine stolen bases and seven RBIs while starting all nine contests for her gold medal winning squad at the 2010 Pan American Championship (18-under) in Bogota, Colombia (Aug. 6-15)...The team is slated for its next action at the ISF IX Junior Women's World Championship (19-under) in Cape Town, South Africa, over Dec. 6-17, 2011.
Enrolled in the College of Arts & Sciences...Plans to study anthropology at UT with a focus on forensic science...Her cousin Nolan Morrell swam freestyle/individual medley for the University of Tennessee from 2005-09...Among her former teammates that have played collegiate softball are Jordan Taylor of Michigan, Nicole Matson, Megan Foglesong and Amy Moore of Pacific, Victoria Kemp of Arizona and Destiny Rodino of 2010 national champ UCLA...Has two sisters, Amanda, 30, and Allysa, 12, and a brother, Billy, 18...Madison Taylor Shipman was born June 25, 1992, in Houston, Texas...Her parents are Bill and Lorri Shipman.