Sophomore shortstop Ashley Andrews
Jan. 31, 2010
Transcribed by Brian Davis, Assistant Media Relations Director and Mary-Carter Kniffen
With Tennessee Lady Vol softball season fast approaching on February 12th, utladyvols.com is helping the fans get more acquainted with the 2010 squad by asking questions of the student-athletes and posting their answers. Check back each day for a new featured Lady Vol softball player! If you've missed your favorite player, be sure to visit the bottom of the UT softball page where previous player questions/answers are catalogued under the link entitled "Meet the Lady Vols."
Name: Ashley Andrews
I wear number # because? #22 was given to me by a former basketball coach.
Favorite Food? Ribs
Favorite TV Show? Anything on TLC
Favorite Knoxville-area restaurant? McAllister's Deli
Best movie you've seen recently? The Blind Side
Favorite Vacation Spot? Disneyland!
Favorite Childhood Memory? Going to Seattle Seahawks games with my dad and early morning walks with my mom.
Favorite Hobbies Outside of Softball? Basketball, reading, and listening to music
Favorite Athlete(s)? Shaun Alexander and Kurt Warner - they are great athletes but more importantly show Godly character.
Best player you've ever faced? Monica Abbott
Who do you feel has been the biggest influence in your life and why? My mom because she has instilled Godly morals and wisdom in me. There is no greater gift.
How would you describe your personality? I am an overall happy, cheerful, laid-back person, but I also have a no-nonsense outlook on life.
What is one thing you wish you were better at? Singing!
What is one thing about yourself that most people don't know? I played the violin for seven years.
If you could have a superpower what would it be? Because I am so far from home, it would definitely be to transport myself anywhere at any time.
Snack food that I can't live without? Chips or caramel popcorn
Person you would most like to trade places with for a day? Celine Dion
If you could have dinner with any three people (present or past) who would they be? Pretty random but Jesus, Michael Jackson, and Maria von Trapp
One possession you would keep if you lost all but one? The Bible
Who would portray you in a movie about your life? Jennifer Aniston
What would your dream job be? Teaching children or coaching basketball
Best advice ever been given? "Softball is what you do, not who you are."
List some random things about yourself Facebook-style:
1) I once got sick on one of my high school teachers in front of the whole class because I didn't go to the nurses office when I felt sick...when in doubt, go see a nurse!
2) I once wore my dress backwards in the first grade because my dad dressed me. Dad - I appreciate the effort but some things should be left to mom.
3) I I was one of those middle schoolers who cranked up my boom box in my room and used a brush as my mic as I sang and danced to the music.
4) In the last house my family lived in I had a secret room I could enter through a hole in my closet.
5) My favorite sport to play is basketball, but my favorite sport to watch is football.