Feb. 4, 2011
When it comes to college ballparks, Sherri Parker Lee Softball Stadium has everything. Everything except a voice.
That's why the Lady Vols are issuing a challenge to their loyal fanbase. We need your help in finding the right voice to inform and entertain Lady Vol fans who help make Lee Stadium the best in the country.
In addition to being the `Voice of Lee Stadium,' the winning applicant will also receive the following:
- Payment for each game in the booth
- A customized Lady Vol softball jersey and other Lady Vol apparel
- Four (4) reserved chair back season tickets
- Free peanuts, hot dogs and popcorn during games
HOW IT WORKS
Fans will have two opportunities to tryout, either through an MP3 audio submission or during a live tryout on Feb. 9.
Applicants may submit an MP3 audio file to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Feb. 11, 2011, or applicants may visit Lee Stadium on Wednesday, Feb. 9 from 6-8 p.m. for a live audition.
Applicants must read from the sample script at the bottom of the page, and creativity is encouraged.
The top three applicants will participate in a live tryout on Tuesday, Feb. 15 at the Lady Vol home-opener vs. ETSU at 5 p.m.
THE FINE PRINT
Winning applicant will be required to commit to all home Lady Vol Softball games, to include possible NCAA Tournament games.
Winning applicant, per NCAA Rules and Policy, may not have a family member currently considered a prospective student-athlete per the NCAA bylaws:
- Prospective Student-Athlete: You become a "prospective student-athlete" when you start ninth-grade classes. Before the ninth grade, you become a prospective student-athlete if a college gives you (or your relatives or friends) any financial aid or other benefits that the college does not provide to prospective students generally.
* The University of Tennessee Athletic Department does reserve the right to terminate the role of public address announcer should the winning applicant display behavior that does not follow the mission of Tennessee Athletics, SEC and NCAA Rules.
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR TRYOUT
Part One: General Welcome
- Welcome fans to Lee Stadium
- Game time is in the evening
- Opponent is East Tennessee State University
Part Two: Player Introduction
Introduce Kelly Grieve as she comes to the plate
Part Three: In-game promotion
Read the following in-game promotion:
"HUNGRY OR THIRSTY? WOULDN'T A HOT DOG OR AN ICE COLD COCA-COLA TASTE GREAT RIGHT NOW? VISIT THE CONCESSIONS STAND LOCATED ON THE MAIN CONCOURSE BEHIND HOME PLATE"
Part Four: Home run call
Announce a home run by Jessica Spigner