Feb. 25, 2013
Sherri Parker Lee Stadium
In Knoxville UT, 4-0
Last Three Games:
3/25/08 Tennessee W, 4-1
3/25/08 Tennessee W, 8-0 (5)
2/28/04 Tennessee W, 6-0
SCOUTING THE BISON
- Lipscomb is 7-6 on the season and the Bison are batting .264 as a team. LU's pitchers have combined for a 2.48 ERA and opposing batters are hitting .250 against them.
- The Bison are riding three straight wins from Chattanooga's Frost Classic. In its last two games, LU has scored a total of 28 runs with a 17-1 win over Niagara and a 11-9 win over Miami (Ohio).
- In 2012, Lipscomb went 35-20 and finished fourth in the Atlantic Sun with an 11-7 league mark.
- Lipscomb returned 11 leterwinners and seven starters from last year's squad.
- Brittany Elmore leads the team with a .341 batting average, 11 runs and eight stolen basess. Kelsey Cartwright is batting .333 with four doubles, two homers and 12 RBIs. Mickey Bell is batting .313 with a homer a double and four RBIs. Haley Elliot has seven RBIs to go with two homers and a .310 batting average.
- In the circle, Lipscomb relies on the tandem of junior righty Heather Parker and freshman righty Tanner Sanders. Parker is 3-2 with a 1.33 ERA and 38 strikeouts over 42.0 innings. Sanders is 3-3 with a 2.95 ERA and 38 strikeouts over 40.1 frames.