April 3, 2014
|Fri., April 4||LSU 7, #2 Tennessee 4||7 p.m. ET||Recap | Box Score|
|Sat., April 5||LSU 8, #2 Tennessee 4||5 p.m. ET||Recap | Box Score|
|Sun., April 6||#2 Tennessee at LSU||1 p.m. ET||Live Video | Live Audio | Live Stats|
NO. 2 TENNESSEE
- ESPN.com/USA Softball Top 25 (4/1): 2 (4 first-place votes)
- USA TODAY/NFCA Top 25 Poll (4/1): 2 (1 first-place votes)
- No. 2 Tennessee heads to Baton Rouge, La., this week to face LSU for three games from April 4-6. This weekend's series will mark the first time the Lady Vols and the Tigers have squared off since 2012.
- Tennessee is coming off an impressive three-game sweep vs. Florida from March 28-30. Several Lady Vols enjoyed standout weekends. Melissa Davin hit a team-high .583 with two solo homers and Annie Aldrete hit .571 with a pair of three-run homers. Ellen Renfroe went 3-0 with a 0.88 ERA and 20 strikeouts over 16.0 innings.
- Renfroe was named the SEC Pitcher of the Week and Aldrete was named the SEC Freshman of the Week on Monday.
- Renfroe was also named USA Softball National Collegiate Player of the week for the second time in her career. She is just the fourth Lady Vol to receive the honor twice in a career, joining legends Monica Abbott (four times), Tonya Callahan (twice) and Raven Chavanne (twice).
- Senior Madison Shipman was selected by the USSSA Pride with the No. 2 overall pick in the NPF draft earlier this week. Shipman is 12th UT player to picked in the NPF draft and the Lady Vols' highest selection since Lindsay Schutzler went No. 1 overall in 2007.
- Tennessee's .335 overall batting average through 34 games leads the SEC and ranks 10th nationally. UT also leads the SEC and ranks third in the nation with a .912 winning percentage.
- The Lady Vols' .557 team slugging percentage is second-best in the conference and third-best in the nation.
- In SEC conference play, No. 2 Tennessee leads all teams with a .362 batting average, a .585 slugging percentage and a .500 on-base percentage. Additionally, UT's pitching staff ranks second in the league with a 2.83 ERA in SEC play and a .205 opposing batting average.
- Tennessee is 25-20-1 all-time against LSU. UT has won its last seven games against the Tigers, including series sweeps in 2011 and 2012. This weekend's games mark the first time since 2005 that the teams will play when both are not ranked. Tennessee is No. 2 in both major polls and the Tigers are receiving votes in the USA Today/NFCA poll.
- UT is 10-11-1 against LSU in games played in Baton Rouge.
Baton Rouge, La.
In Baton Rouge: LSU, 11-10-1
Most Recent Games:
4/13/12 UT W, 2-0
4/14/12 UT W, 4-2
4/15/12 UT W, 10-2 (6)
LP - Ellen Renfroe (21-1)
LP - Ellen Renfroe (21-2)
|Alabama||12 - 1||.923||33 - 5||.868||18-2||8-3||7-0||W7|
|Tennessee||8 - 2||.800||31 - 4||.885||13-1||6-2||12-1||L1|
|Georgia||7 - 3||.700||32 - 5||.864||26-1||3-3||3-1||W3|
|Texas A&M||8 - 5||.615||27 - 10||.729||11-4||11-4||5-2||W1|
|Auburn||6 - 4||.600||31 - 7||.807||24-4||3-2-1||4-1||L2|
|Kentucky||5 - 5||.500||29 - 8||.783||10-4||10-2||9-2||L1|
|Missouri||5 - 5||.500||27 - 8||.771||9-3||4-3||14-2||W1|
|Florida||6 - 7||.461||32 - 8||.800||13-4||4-4||15-0||W1|
|South Carolina||5 - 8||.384||24 - 13||.648||19-3||3-7||2-3||L1|
|LSU||3 - 7||.300||21 - 15||.583||13-7||4-7||4-1||W2|
|Ole Miss||3 - 9||.250||19 - 18||.513||10-4||4-10||5-4||L5|
|Arkansas||2 - 8||.200||24 - 15||.615||14-7||4-5||6-3||L1|
|Mississippi St.||2 - 8||.200||29 - 11||.707||15-4||6-6||8-1||L1|